Monday, June 20, 2011

The Education of Baby April

I have not mentioned Baby April in quite a while.  She has been in school again and is making fine progress.


She is SO BIG and SO POWERFUL. But when she is quiet, she is SO GOOD.   Once a week I take her to see the trainer for a long lesson. Sometimes she is good, other times, well not so good, but she always "bottoms out."  The good news is that she has really improved since last summer.  She had much of the winter off, to grow up a bit more and mature, so I was pleased to see that my plan was a good one.


I took her to a big show in April to hang out and get ridden and she was a good girl then too.  But her jump is what excites me the most.  The mare has a fabulous jump (and you can't teach that).  Talented mare, for sure, with good genes, and it shows.



Even over the small jumps (2'6 or 2'9) she has great form, so I can't wait to see what she looks like when she jumps 3'0 to 3'6.  We are taking her to her first show next week.  Not expecting much the first few times out, as she needs a lot of mileage, but there is definitely potential there.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, does she collect her neck like that naturally? So lovely...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...