Sunday, April 1, 2012

Toile It Up

I love toile fabrics and wallpaper, but kinda got sick of it when decorating my old house in Maryland. I had toile everywhere. But just like a good red wine, some toile get better with age and I am loving them again. Toile looks great in a country house.  Toile has adapted to modern times and there are so many out there now, to suit many tastes. 

This is one of my favorites, by Schumacher I think.  Wish I had seen this before I decorated my current dining room.  This is very hot pink in real life.



Here is the same fabric in another color. I like the pink!

Quadrille is one of my favorites and they have lots of toile to pick from. Here are a few samples.  This photo appeared in Southern Accents. 
I like purple now more than I once did.  This is lovely.  Would go well in a country house.



This is a bit much, but it does look good. Timeless black and white toile - you can't miss.

This is from Scalamandre and comes in many colors.  Put this in any country house, anywhere and it works great.

This is Pierre Frey:

This fabric is all over the place and comes in many colors.  Clearly French-influenced.
This P Kaufman fabric almost looks vintage.  What you could do with this for a Derby party!

And lastly, you may have seen this before, from Hibou Home, great for a little girl's room.  Not sure that this would qualify as being a toile, but love it nonetheless!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...