Friday, June 1, 2012

Bittersweet Evening for McLain Ward

It was a bittersweet night for McLain Ward yesterday at Devon.  Winning the $100K Grand Prix of Devon on Antares F and retiring the beloved mare Sapphire, his mount for his greatest wins to date.


His victory last night makes him a much more surer bet to make the Olympic team without Sapphire.  But how hard must it have been to retire such a great one.  




McLain is truly a class act, one that will continue to win and represent the U.S. for many years to come.  And not to mention that he shattered his kneecap earlier this year.  He is truly one of the best the US has produced. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy I found your blog. I've not ridden in a couple of years, and I miss it. Somehow life always seems to interfere with Mommy doing something for herself. I'm glad to have a look into the world of horses.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...