Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Let's Go Dutch


I love dutch doors.  Maybe it's from watching Mr. Ed on television as a little girl.  Not sure.  But if I could design a house it would certainly have at least one dutch door, looking out onto a patio or small garden.  Or maybe it is the "horse person" in me that loves this look because it reminds me of a barn.


 Another theory is that Americans are so consumed with air conditioning that they would never put a dutch door in a house, at least in the east or the south. I don't like air conditioning.  If you are cleaver you might include a dutch door inside as well for the air conditioning obsessed house owner.


A dutch door can add charm and sophistication to a plain looking home:






Adding a splash of color really works here:







I simply love the "stable influence"



Happy Wednesday!
(all photos are from Pinterest)

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I thought you were going to post about Dutch WB horses, my second fav breed behind the TB!
    I love a dutch door though too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...