Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Autumn Dinner Party

A cold front moves in today, the leaves are coming off the trees, it's damp, browns, golds, and orange permeate the landscape.  Definitely time for a fall soiree......

Pumpkins make the best centerpieces.  Easy, inexpensive, even a caveman can do it. Sometimes I spray paint them gold to add a little lustre and shine.


Since china (and coats) are my weakness, in my book you can never have too much of it.  I'd start with these dinner plates from Juliska. This is their most popular pattern.

 I'd use these plates also from Juliska for the salad and accents:
 I also like the orange plates but they only come in one size and I can't decide if I would tire of them. Likely not.


I have these chargers from the Caspari store in Charlottesville and they get used a lot.  Great for outdoors too.  And they are reasonable.Use them on the bottom just for looks.
 This flatware has been mentioned before.  Love, love it, from Ballard. I am sure this will sell out.


These napkins from Horchow in orange:



These placemats are interesting, from Williams Sonoma but you'd need another napkin, not the orange ones. 

Or use these placemats from Barneys:

More glassware also from Juliska:


 Happy fall entertaining!

3 comments:

  1. Love the scalloped edge of those Barneys placemats!
    I have quite similar chargers to the Caspari ones that I purchased at Nordstrom about 9 years ago. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too. I have them in beige and also in denim blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I miss the Caspari store in C'ville. I never left that store empty handed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...