Monday, April 20, 2015

My Lilly for Target Experience

I hate to admit it but I really wanted to purchase some of the items from the Target Lilly Pulitzer Collection on Sunday. Like many, I set my alarm so I could wake up in the middle of the night and shop online.  Since it was unclear what time the site would launch, I just picked a random time, 3:30 am.

When I got on the computer, I was able to see the collection and actually was able to put a few things in my shopping cart. There were only four items I really wanted and quickly discovered that two of them were not available online.  Then the site crashed.  I worked from two browsers but to no avail.  So I went back to bed.  At 6:00 I woke up and tried again, but the site was still down.  Now what?  I wanted these dishes, badly.
The nearest store is about 35 minutes away so I got in my car and drove there, arriving about 10 minutes before launch at 8 am.  There was a long line but not unruly and I thought I had a chance.  And let me add that I hate shopping in crowds, no Black Friday shopping for me, ever.  I realized that I needed to go directly to the dishes or I would not get them. Luckily I know the store well and figured where they would be. And most of the women went directly to the clothes, at least I thought they would.  I had planned to buy three sets of four so I would have twelve plates.  I also wanted the bowls:
When the doors opened most people scrambled for the shopping carts but I brazenly flew directly to the dishes and was the first person there.  I was able to grab the only two boxes they had (a store clerk later told us that this store only received two pallets of Lilly).  I grabbed one set of the bowls. The napkins were the third item I wanted and I took two sets (for eight) although I had wanted twelve.

I could have nabbed these pillows too but I had no where to put them and felt that I had gotten what I came for so why spoil someone else's fun?
 I love the napkins and will use them with my hot pink linen placemats and white china.


I would have liked this but frankly I never saw it:
The other item I wanted was this handbag but I knew I would not be able to grab this and the dishes, so the dishes won:
 One very nice lady handed me this cosmetics bag, she grabbed a lot and later reassessed. I really like it and it will replace an old worn bag from Baker (like in the horse blankets).
The quality of the items is quite good and I will set a table in the coming weeks with the plates, the napkins and will fondly remember my Sunday morning romp at Target with the rest of the world!

2 comments:

  1. I went with my husband. We live about 2 miles from a Target. But We did not go until about 11 am. I never thought that there would be a mad rush. I have a few very badly bruised ribs that happened mid week so I needed a driver. there were like three or four items left. I did not care for any of them. Oh well. Perhaps another time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Monday our Target still had a few things - kids clothing, a few dresses, some outdoor pillows, a hammock and frame...I suspect there wasn't a rush.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...