Friday, July 24, 2015

All About Alfie

2015 has been a good year for the horses so far. Once the weather broke (and it was horrid early on), I worked to get Alfie back in gear. It takes a while to get him going and we finally were able to hit the horse shows in April.  Being the ADHD gelding that he is, Alfie must be in a routine, which means a quick ride five days a week.  I must admit that I never thought I'd learn to love showing Alfie like I have this year.  Maybe we finally have that 'understanding' that can take years to develop.  He still has his moments, for sure, but he seems to finally understand that this is what he is supposed to do and he likes it.  I have fallen in love with him, although I have always loved the guy in no uncertain way.   It's just we now have that special something that Sega and I had all those years which I never thought I'd say about black boy.  It's not the exact same, but it's more fun now, I feel like we finally have a true partnership.  He's good most of the time, and his record on winning tricolors this year and blue ribbons is pretty special. He's all or nothing, lucky we've been "all" much of the time.  Hoping that the second half is as good as the first.  Love that face, how could you not?  Cheers to Alfie.  May you have many more tricolors in your future!




4 comments:

  1. Alfie is too cute to not love! So glad you're having an incredible season so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alfie is a unique horse. I never saw charming horse like yours. I am glad to know the you have amazing bound with Alfie. I agree that it takes time to develop that bound. To be protected all the time, always wear Horse Riding Gear.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...