Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Fall Cocktail Dressing

I am planning a small, intimate Saturday early evening gathering at the cabin later in October.  It won't be huge, 20 or so guests, but I somehow want to stress that this is "cocktails" and not have anyone show up in jeans.  How do I do that in this day and age when so many people lack manners and gracious style? What would I like to see the ladies wear?  Here are some ideas........am I dreaming?

While I think Tory's dress is lovely, it fits New York, but not Virginia.


I'd prefer this....



Or I'd wear this top with skinny black pants and a great gold necklace.

(Top)



(J Crew Dress)

And I adore this outfit. Less is definitely more!  The pearls, the simple white t-short.  Add a long sleeve cashmere t-shirt for colder weather.
(J Crew)

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your Cabin Cocktail Gathering! I fell in love with your cabin the day you blogged it and have been waiting patiently to visit ever since! October in Virginia hills and woods...Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...