Sunday, January 21, 2018

Beating the Winter Doldrums

It's January and spring is not even in sight.  This has been one of the coldest winters on record and it can be difficult to find the silver lining at times.  So how do you beat the winter doldrums? What can you do to keep that spring spark going, to make you feel like you're doing something productive in the middle of winter?

Do a Make-Up Reboot
I love trolling the cosmetics counters at large department stores, sampling the face care products and make-up this time of year.  Finding a new ritual, a better moisturizer or new make-up colors for spring makes you feel rejuvinated and refreshed.


Spring Clean Early
I've been reorganizing my closets this month and have pulled out old pillows, linens, clothes and sent them to Goodwill.  This is not my closet by the way but I am impressed....


Do Linen Reset
I ordered a new set of sheets from Peacock Alley this week (greatly reduced) and have a new cotton blanket coming for spring.  I love these towels



Finish Those Small Decorating Projects
I finally ordered white birch logs to put in my living room fireplace.  I added a few plants to the house in various rooms to add a bit of color.  And I painted an old chest with chalk paint last weekend.  This week I am tackling rugs.  Finish up those little projects on your "to do" list to make you feel like you have accomplished something.



Visualize Success
If it's too cold to go out and ride, then pull out your old horse show videos and think about riding. Go online and find videos of top riders and watch them hone their craft.  I heard that the injured Andy Murray is at home watching the Aussie Open and it's making him want to return to the sport after hip surgery. Use this down time to improve.  Watching the masters at their craft is a great way to improve.



If All Else Fails............

Are these not the cutest needlepoint bunnies ever?  It this does not make you want to finish a few needlepoint projects.......  

Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...